Ukraine Customs Security for Processing Counterfeit Goods Reduced
The amendments to the 2007 decree addressing the expenses and reimbursement of expenses related to the activities of the Ukrainian customs that contribute to the protection of intellectual property rights, issued by the State Customs Service of Ukraine, entered into force on July 21, 2011.
According to the new provisions, the security deposited by the right holders to cover all customs services needed to process allegedly counterfeit goods, including the storage fees, has been reduced from EUR 5000 (USD 7100) to EUR 1000 (USD 1400).
The security may be deposited in Ukrainian or foreign currency and is to be returned to the right holder in the currency in which it was deposited.
For more information, please contact Yuriy Karlash at our Ukraine office.
Source: Ukrainian parliament website
July 2011 News
- Montenegro IPO Now Accepts Trademark Search Requests
- Regulation on Opposition Procedure Enters into Force in Bulgaria
- Serbia Adopts Optical Disk Law
- Kosovo Patent Applications Update
- Amendments to Macedonian Law on Civil Court Procedure in Force as of September 9
- Ukraine Customs Security for Processing Counterfeit Goods Reduced
- Ukrainian Seller of Adidas and Nike Counterfeits Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
- Bulgarian Meat Producer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bosnian Prosecutor’s Office Charges Nine People with Copyright Violations
- Bulgarian Police Seize EUR 10 Million Worth of Luxury Counterfeits
- EUR 1 Million Worth of Counterfeits Seized in Joint Customs Operation ‘Fireblade’
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Labels
- Macedonian Customs Detain Energy Drinks, Razors, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Nescafe, Polo, Adidas, Lacoste, Reebok Counterfeits
- Slovak Customs Seize 4 Million Counterfeit Marlboro Cigarettes
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Wristwatches, Sunglasses
- Serbian Scientists to Get Genuine Microsoft Software
- Kazakhstan Combats Internet Piracy
- Russia’s Media Company Combats Illegal Online Content
- Letters With Diacritical Signs Now Allowed in Estonian Domain Names
- Change in Individual Fee under Hague Agreement for Kyrgyzstan
- Individual Fee Under Madrid Protocol for Tajikistan Enters into Force
- Czech Republic Changes Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Azerbaijani Scientists Develop Technology to Monitor Cardiovascular Disease via Mobile Phones
- Consultations Begin on Pre-Draft of Bosnian Decree on Customs Measures re Patent Holders Rights
- Uzbekistan Establishes Agency for Intellectual Property