Copyright Office to Open in Kosovo
On May 26, 2010, the Kosovo government approved the Regulation establishing the Copyright Office in Kosovo.
The regulation provides that the Office will be within the authority of the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports. The Law on Copyright was enacted in 2006.
The Deputy Minister of Culture Lirie Kajtazi stated that the duties of the Office will include certifying and supervising the associations representing the copyright and related rights holders, as well as other legal subjects specialized in administering copyrights, which meet the criteria set by the law.
Kajtazi added that the Office will soon be functional and staffed, but did not give an exact opening date.
For more information, please contact Nahide Saliaga-Maliqi.
Source: Koha DItore
June 2010 News
- Montenegro New Trademark Law Gives 12-month Deadline to Trademark Owners
- New Trademark Law in Armenia Enters into Force July 1
- Adidas Loses Against Hungarian Inventor in Patent Infringement Suit
- Microsoft Loses Copyright Infringement Suit Against Lithuanian BitTorrent Tracker
- Bosnian Parliament Adopts Five Draft IP Laws
- Russian Online Pharmacy Uses PGEU Endorsement Logo Without Authorization
- Estonian Registry Liberalizes .EE Domain Registration System as of July 5
- Serbia to Get Cyrillic Domain by End of 2010
- “Arbun” New Trade Name for Armenian Brandy Replacing Armenian Cognac
- Czech Republic Applies for Patent Protection for Powdered Beer Recipe
- Macedonia Ratifies Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin
- Level of Fake Pesticides in Russia Doubles
- 7,000 Pairs of Fake Nike Sneakers Destroyed in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Nike, Armani Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sunglasses, Footwear, Apparel
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce&Gabbana Jeans
- Software Piracy Rates Increasing in Ukraine
- Music Industry Piracy Roundtable in Serbia
- Moldovan PTO and State Medicines Agency Sign Agreement to Fight Counterfeit Drugs
- Majority of Azerbaijan Press Violate Copyrights
- Copyright Office to Open in Kosovo
- First Electronic Application for Invention in Ukraine
- Moldovan IPO, EPO Organize Workshops on Drafting Patent Applications
- Czech Businessmen Not Interested in Financing Science and Research at Universities