First Electronic Application for Invention in Ukraine
After working for almost five years on introducing electronic applications, at the beginning of June the Ukrainian Industrial Property Institute received the first electronic application for an invention complete with the digital signature.
The application was prepared and submitted by the patent attorney Tatiana Lisna on behalf of the applicant Taktona, LLC, for an invention in the field of internal combustion engines.
As stated by the Deputy Chairman of the State Department of Intellectual Property Vladimir Dmitrishin, the transition to the paperless form is very important as it will substantially simplify the filing of applications and make the obtaining of industrial property rights procedure faster and cheaper.
For more information, please contact Andriy Nikolayenko at our Ukraine office.
June 2010 News
- Montenegro New Trademark Law Gives 12-month Deadline to Trademark Owners
- New Trademark Law in Armenia Enters into Force July 1
- Adidas Loses Against Hungarian Inventor in Patent Infringement Suit
- Microsoft Loses Copyright Infringement Suit Against Lithuanian BitTorrent Tracker
- Bosnian Parliament Adopts Five Draft IP Laws
- Russian Online Pharmacy Uses PGEU Endorsement Logo Without Authorization
- Estonian Registry Liberalizes .EE Domain Registration System as of July 5
- Serbia to Get Cyrillic Domain by End of 2010
- “Arbun” New Trade Name for Armenian Brandy Replacing Armenian Cognac
- Czech Republic Applies for Patent Protection for Powdered Beer Recipe
- Macedonia Ratifies Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin
- Level of Fake Pesticides in Russia Doubles
- 7,000 Pairs of Fake Nike Sneakers Destroyed in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Nike, Armani Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sunglasses, Footwear, Apparel
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce&Gabbana Jeans
- Software Piracy Rates Increasing in Ukraine
- Music Industry Piracy Roundtable in Serbia
- Moldovan PTO and State Medicines Agency Sign Agreement to Fight Counterfeit Drugs
- Majority of Azerbaijan Press Violate Copyrights
- Copyright Office to Open in Kosovo
- First Electronic Application for Invention in Ukraine
- Moldovan IPO, EPO Organize Workshops on Drafting Patent Applications
- Czech Businessmen Not Interested in Financing Science and Research at Universities