Majority of Azerbaijan Press Violate Copyrights
Only 30 percent of the Azerbaijani news portals write their own news stories, while the remaining 70 percent just copy them, Azerbaijani Copyright Agency Chairman Kamran Imanov stressed at a roundtable called “Copyright in the Mass Media: Problems and Ways of Solution”, held on May 14, 2010.
Imanov cautioned that just because the information in a certain news item is not copyrighted, it does not mean that the item can be used freely.
“In fact, the news is considered the right of the author if the information has the characteristic features, if it transforms into a creative product, and if it contains commentary and analysis,” he explained.
Imanov urged journalists, as champions of freedom of speech and freedom of press, to respect the copyright law, which protects “freedom and inviolability”.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Noveska at our Macedonia office.
Source: Trend News Agency
Read more news on Azerbaijan or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
June 2010 News
- Montenegro New Trademark Law Gives 12-month Deadline to Trademark Owners
- New Trademark Law in Armenia Enters into Force July 1
- Adidas Loses Against Hungarian Inventor in Patent Infringement Suit
- Microsoft Loses Copyright Infringement Suit Against Lithuanian BitTorrent Tracker
- Bosnian Parliament Adopts Five Draft IP Laws
- Russian Online Pharmacy Uses PGEU Endorsement Logo Without Authorization
- Estonian Registry Liberalizes .EE Domain Registration System as of July 5
- Serbia to Get Cyrillic Domain by End of 2010
- “Arbun” New Trade Name for Armenian Brandy Replacing Armenian Cognac
- Czech Republic Applies for Patent Protection for Powdered Beer Recipe
- Macedonia Ratifies Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin
- Level of Fake Pesticides in Russia Doubles
- 7,000 Pairs of Fake Nike Sneakers Destroyed in Serbia
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Nike, Armani Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sunglasses, Footwear, Apparel
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce&Gabbana Jeans
- Software Piracy Rates Increasing in Ukraine
- Music Industry Piracy Roundtable in Serbia
- Moldovan PTO and State Medicines Agency Sign Agreement to Fight Counterfeit Drugs
- Majority of Azerbaijan Press Violate Copyrights
- Copyright Office to Open in Kosovo
- First Electronic Application for Invention in Ukraine
- Moldovan IPO, EPO Organize Workshops on Drafting Patent Applications
- Czech Businessmen Not Interested in Financing Science and Research at Universities