AmCham Macedonia Prepares Guide for Protection of Trademarks
On the occasion of the World Intellectual Property Day, April 26, 2010, the Intellectual Property Rights Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Macedonia (AmCham Macedonia) prepared and promoted a Guide for Protection of Trademarks, aimed at providing entrepreneurs and managers with information on how to protect their trademarks in Macedonia.
The Guide presents an overview of the legal framework and trademark protection registration process in Macedonia, as well as a description of the strategies and challenges related to protection of trademarks.
The IPR Committee representatives stressed at the press conference held in Skopje on April 26 that the adequate IP protection legislation exists, but that more work needs to be done in terms of its implementation. They emphasized the lengthy court procedures for cases related to protection of intellectual property rights, noting that the majority of judges and prosecutors are not well versed in this sphere. Consequently, as the Committee members stressed, AmCham will organize training for judges and public prosecutors to stress the importance of this subject.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Noveska at our Macedonia office.
May 2010 News
- Bulgaria Adopts Draft Law Amending the Law on Industrial Design
- New Rules on Patent and Industrial Design Extension in Azerbaijan
- Polish Court Dismisses Vegeta Suit Against Hungarian Spice Producer
- First Cyrillic Domain Launched in Russia
- Bulgarian Snack Food Manufacturer Fined Over Misleading TV Commercial
- U.S. Removes Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland from IP Watch List, Condemns Russia for Weak IP Protection
- Bill Tightening Penalties for Copyright Violation Introduced in Armenian Parliament
- Bosnia Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IPR
- Romanian Customs Detain Counterfeit Sneakers, Apparel, Cosmetics
- Macedonian Customs Seize Designer Clothes from Illegal Boutique
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Watches, Cell Phones
- Russian Tuberculosis Clinics Get Minilabs to Prevent Fake Medicines
- Slovenia Files Fewer Applications with EPO in 2009
- Lithuanian PTO Launches Electronic Patent Database
- AmCham Macedonia Prepares Guide for Protection of Trademarks
- Bulgaria PTO President Elected to OHIM Budget Committee
- In Romania All Pending Trademark Applications Now Online