Bulgaria PTO President Elected to OHIM Budget Committee
On April 14, 2010, the President of the Bulgarian Patent Office (BPO) Kostadin Manev, was elected deputy chairman of the Budget Committee of the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM).
This is the first time OHIM has elected a Bulgarian person for its executive governing body. Manev was voted unanimously by the representatives of all 27 EU countries and he will assume the post from the current deputy chairman Michael English, from Ireland, for the next three years.
The OHIM’s Budget Committee is composed of representatives from each member state. The chairman is Robert Ullrich from the Austrian Patent Office.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgarian PTO
May 2010 News
- Bulgaria Adopts Draft Law Amending the Law on Industrial Design
- New Rules on Patent and Industrial Design Extension in Azerbaijan
- Polish Court Dismisses Vegeta Suit Against Hungarian Spice Producer
- First Cyrillic Domain Launched in Russia
- Bulgarian Snack Food Manufacturer Fined Over Misleading TV Commercial
- U.S. Removes Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland from IP Watch List, Condemns Russia for Weak IP Protection
- Bill Tightening Penalties for Copyright Violation Introduced in Armenian Parliament
- Bosnia Working on New Customs Regulations for Protection of IPR
- Romanian Customs Detain Counterfeit Sneakers, Apparel, Cosmetics
- Macedonian Customs Seize Designer Clothes from Illegal Boutique
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Watches, Cell Phones
- Russian Tuberculosis Clinics Get Minilabs to Prevent Fake Medicines
- Slovenia Files Fewer Applications with EPO in 2009
- Lithuanian PTO Launches Electronic Patent Database
- AmCham Macedonia Prepares Guide for Protection of Trademarks
- Bulgaria PTO President Elected to OHIM Budget Committee
- In Romania All Pending Trademark Applications Now Online