Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Burberry, Nike and Playboy Apparel
In the period between June 9 and June 12, 2009, Bulgarian police officials seized several loads of counterfeit goods at different locations in the country.
They first discovered approximately 500 pieces of counterfeit Adidas, Burberry, Nike and Playboy apparel in a shop at the Black Sea resort of Nessebar in eastern Bulgaria.
Later on, the police found more than 550 counterfeit Adidas sport items in the regions of Blagoevgrad in southwestern Bulgaria, Plovdiv in central part of the country, and Sofia in western Bulgaria. The seized goods are worth more than EUR 20,512 (USD 29,178).
On the same occasion, police officials also shut down the websites selling counterfeit Adidas goods.
On both occasions, the police acted in cooperation with the legal representative of Adidas in Bulgaria.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria Office.
July 2009 News
- Romania Approves Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Serbian IPO Adopts Guidelines for Incomplete Applications
- Russian PTO Issues Clarification on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Hungarian and Japanese PTO Sign Agreement to Facilitate Granting of Patents
- Slovenia Sets up Anti-Piracy and Counterfeiting Working Group
- Macedonian Customs Wins Prestigious IPR Protection Award
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Burberry, Nike and Playboy Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Dior, Lacoste and Nike Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Emporio Armani, Hugo Boss and Versace Goods
- Macedonia to Get WCO Regional Training Center
- Kyrgyz PTO Organizes Anti-Piracy Action
- WIPO Holds Regional Forum for University IP Coordinators in Kyrgyzstan
- Polish PTO Hosts Regional Symposium on Teaching IP at Universities