Kyrgyz PTO Organizes Anti-Piracy Action
On June 19, 2009, the Kyrgyz Patent Office organized a public destruction of 20,000 pirated CDs and DVDs as part of its “Combat against Piracy” action.
The value of destroyed CDs and DVDs amounts to approximately EUR 16,492 (USD 23,202).
More than 2,000 people participated in the action, and were able to win 1,500 original CDs by exchanging them for pirated ones and by taking part in various competitions and quizzes.
The action, which took place in the capital city of Bishkek, was organized jointly with the City Hall, the Financial Police and the Court Department.
The action was supported by representatives of creative unions, such as the Filmmaker’s Union and the Composer’s Union, as well as by more than 20 local music stars.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
July 2009 News
- Romania Approves Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Serbian IPO Adopts Guidelines for Incomplete Applications
- Russian PTO Issues Clarification on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Hungarian and Japanese PTO Sign Agreement to Facilitate Granting of Patents
- Slovenia Sets up Anti-Piracy and Counterfeiting Working Group
- Macedonian Customs Wins Prestigious IPR Protection Award
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Burberry, Nike and Playboy Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Dior, Lacoste and Nike Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Emporio Armani, Hugo Boss and Versace Goods
- Macedonia to Get WCO Regional Training Center
- Kyrgyz PTO Organizes Anti-Piracy Action
- WIPO Holds Regional Forum for University IP Coordinators in Kyrgyzstan
- Polish PTO Hosts Regional Symposium on Teaching IP at Universities