WIPO Holds Regional Forum for University IP Coordinators in Kyrgyzstan
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) organized a regional forum for university intellectual property (IP) coordinators in Cholpon-Ata, Kyrgyzstan, from July 14 to July 16, 2009.
The forum was held in cooperation with the Kyrgyz Patent Office and it addressed the following issues:
- IP policy and key issues for universities and research and development institutions;
- University IP and technology management in former USSR republics;
- Innovations and technology transfer capacity building.
The event was attended by WIPO representatives, specialists from the patent offices of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miocinovic in our Balkan Regional Office.
July 2009 News
- Romania Approves Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Serbian IPO Adopts Guidelines for Incomplete Applications
- Russian PTO Issues Clarification on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Hungarian and Japanese PTO Sign Agreement to Facilitate Granting of Patents
- Slovenia Sets up Anti-Piracy and Counterfeiting Working Group
- Macedonian Customs Wins Prestigious IPR Protection Award
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Burberry, Nike and Playboy Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Dior, Lacoste and Nike Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Emporio Armani, Hugo Boss and Versace Goods
- Macedonia to Get WCO Regional Training Center
- Kyrgyz PTO Organizes Anti-Piracy Action
- WIPO Holds Regional Forum for University IP Coordinators in Kyrgyzstan
- Polish PTO Hosts Regional Symposium on Teaching IP at Universities