Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Dior, Lacoste and Nike Items
In the period between June 29 and July 4, 2009, Romanian customs officials seized two loads of various counterfeit goods.
On June 29, 2009, the customs officials found 3,613 pairs of counterfeit Adidas sports shoes, and 6,418 items of counterfeit Nike sportswear.
The goods are worth EUR 350,000 (USD 487,113). They were discovered in Bechet in southern Romania, in a truck driven by a Bulgarian citizen.
According to the documents presented to the customs officials, the goods originated from Singapore and were intended for a company in the Netherlands.
On July 4, 2009, the customs officials seized approximately 37,900 liters of counterfeit Chanel, Dior Dolce&Gabbana, and Lacoste perfume.
The seized goods were discovered in Varsand in northwestern Romania, in two trucks coming from Turkey. They were intended for a company in Germany.
For more information, please contact Roxana Sârghi in our Romania Office.
July 2009 News
- Romania Approves Amendments to Law on Trademarks and Geographical Indications
- Serbian IPO Adopts Guidelines for Incomplete Applications
- Russian PTO Issues Clarification on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Hungarian and Japanese PTO Sign Agreement to Facilitate Granting of Patents
- Slovenia Sets up Anti-Piracy and Counterfeiting Working Group
- Macedonian Customs Wins Prestigious IPR Protection Award
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Burberry, Nike and Playboy Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Dior, Lacoste and Nike Items
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Emporio Armani, Hugo Boss and Versace Goods
- Macedonia to Get WCO Regional Training Center
- Kyrgyz PTO Organizes Anti-Piracy Action
- WIPO Holds Regional Forum for University IP Coordinators in Kyrgyzstan
- Polish PTO Hosts Regional Symposium on Teaching IP at Universities