Ukrainian Beverage Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
The Ukrainian Antimonopoly Committee has recently imposed a fine of approximately EUR 14,000 (USD 17,000) on the Ukrainian beverage manufacturer Dnipro Alcohol for violating the Ukrainian competition protection legislation by using a confusingly similar packaging design as its competitor. Ukrainian alcoholic drinks manufacturer Strongdrink initiated the proceedings, claiming that Dnipro designed the packaging for its Petrykivska® vodka as a copy of Strongdrink’s Hlebna Sleza® vodka packaging.
During the production of Petrykivska® vodka, Dnipro used the bottle, cork, emblem and front and back labels similar to those of Strongdrink’s Hlebna Sleza®, already popular on the spirits market. The Antimonopoly Committee confirmed that the similarities between the two packaging designs were sufficient to mislead consumers with respect to the manufacturer, and ordered Dnipro to stop using the deceptive packaging.
Prepared by: Valentyna Martynenko
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Ukrainian Antimonopoly Committee website
December 2020 News
- Protocol on Eurasian Design Patents to Enter into Force in March 2021
- Ukrainian Beverage Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Romanian IPO Improves Electronic Filing Services for Trademarks
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Illegal Streaming Service and Online Sale of Fake Food Items
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Apparel, Accessories
- Bulgaria Amends Patent Law
- Russia Ratifies EAEU Trademark Agreement
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Protocol on Eurasian Design Patents
- Ukraine Creates New IPO
- Romanian IPO Improves Electronic Filing Services
- Russian IPO Develops Fast-Track Examination for COVID-19-Related Patents
- Uzbekistan to Introduce New Food Labeling Requirements
- Kazakhstan Adopts Regulations on Collecting and Processing Personal Data
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Chocolate Bars, Chewing Gum, Energy Drinks
- Kazakh Officials Seize Fake Luxury Watches