Romanian IPO Improves Electronic Filing Services for Trademarks
On December 10, 2020, the Romanian IPO enabled the electronic submission of documents for the following procedures related to trademarks:
- Trademark withdrawals/renunciations;
- Real security rights.
The electronic submission of documents for other trademark-related procedures was already available in Romania, namely for changes related to the right holder (name and address), changes related to the representative, transfer of rights, licenses and renewals. The online filing of trademark applications has been available in Romania since 2014.
In late October 2020, the Romanian IPO enabled the electronic submission of documents for post-grant procedures related to industrial designs.
By: George Irimescu
For more information, please contact George Irimescu at our Romania office.
December 2020 News
- Protocol on Eurasian Design Patents to Enter into Force in March 2021
- Ukrainian Beverage Manufacturer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Romanian IPO Improves Electronic Filing Services for Trademarks
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Illegal Streaming Service and Online Sale of Fake Food Items
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Apparel, Accessories
- Bulgaria Amends Patent Law
- Russia Ratifies EAEU Trademark Agreement
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Protocol on Eurasian Design Patents
- Ukraine Creates New IPO
- Romanian IPO Improves Electronic Filing Services
- Russian IPO Develops Fast-Track Examination for COVID-19-Related Patents
- Uzbekistan to Introduce New Food Labeling Requirements
- Kazakhstan Adopts Regulations on Collecting and Processing Personal Data
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Chocolate Bars, Chewing Gum, Energy Drinks
- Kazakh Officials Seize Fake Luxury Watches