Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Production and Sale of Fake Medicines
The Security Service of Ukraine has recently put an end to the production and distribution of counterfeit drugs in the Poltava region in central Ukraine.
The head of the counterfeiting group, a representative of a pharmaceutical company, arranged a clandestine workshop in the town of Lubny where counterfeit drugs were manufactured and then sold through a drugstore chain in the Poltava region.
The authorities raided the production facilities and the residences of the persons involved and seized more than 20 counterfeit drugs, almost 5.5 kg of various substances, as well as packaging, labels, and medical equipment.
More counterfeit drugs are currently being seized from the drugstore chain, while a criminal investigation is ongoing. Ukraine has recently adopted a set of amendments to its Criminal Code, increasing criminal penalties for the production and distribution of counterfeit medicines, so the persons found guilty in this case are facing a prison sentence of 8-10 years.
Prepared by: Yulia Kropivka and Igor Alfiorov
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: The Security Service of Ukraine website
Read more news on Ukraine or Anti-Counterfeiting & Piracy. Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
March 2020 News
- Kazakhstan Limits Administrative Actions IPR Owners Can Take Against Small Businesses
- UPC Future Uncertain Amid News from Germany and UK
- Cake Wars in Ukraine: Confectioner Roshen Sues Ice Cream Maker Khladoprom over “Kyiv Cake” Trademark
- Coronavirus-Related Applications Reported by Several Countries
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Sneakers
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Perfume, Apparel, Accessories
- New Trademark Law in Serbia Brings Significant Changes
- Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Production and Sale of Fake Medicines
- Hungarian Officials Seize Nearly EUR 500,000 Worth of Fake Nike® Sneakers
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Accessories, Perfume
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Makeup and Toys