Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Cartridges, Toys, Apparel, Sneakers, Handbags
Bulgarian customs officials recently seized a considerable amount of counterfeit goods believed to infringe various well-known trademarks.
Officials at the Customs Office in Plovdiv, central Bulgaria, seized 576 toner cartridges infringing the Epson® trademark that were discovered in a truck arriving from Turkey.
Officials at the Customs Office in Varna on the coast of Bulgaria seized thousands of toys and products for children on two separate occasions. The first seizure involved 8,022 products for children, including pop-up tents, cash boxes and hair decorations, bearing what are believed to be unauthorized trademarks and images of protected cartoon characters Thomas the Tank Engine, Spiderman, Sponge Bob and various Disney characters, including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. The second seizure involved 16,848 children’s toys believed to infringe the Mickey Mouse®, Frozen®, Minions® and Ice Age® trademarks. On both occasions, the goods were transported in containers that originated in China and were intended for Bulgarian importers.
Customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point with Turkey seized 30,372 pairs of socks, 12,361 apparel items, 1,039 pairs of sneakers and 482 handbags believed to infringe the Adidas®, Nike®, Puma®, Tommy Hilfiger®, Calvin Klein®, Louis Vuitton®, Armani®, Polo®, Disney®, Burberry®, Phillip Plein®, Chanel®, Guess® and Michael Kors® trademarks. The goods were seized on two separate occasions, both times found in a truck with Polish license plates heading to Poland.
Prepared by: Julia Taneva, Ivan Rainovski and Dimitar Batakliev
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
June 2017 News
- Ukraine Passes Law Improving Online Copyright Protection
- Confusing Practice of Russian IP Court
- AIPPI Bulgaria Criticizes Draft Ordinance On Industrial Property Representatives
- Macedonian Customs Raise Awareness about the Dangers of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Cartridges, Toys, Apparel, Sneakers, Handbags
- Serbian Customs Seize Clothing and Accessories Infringing Numerous Trademarks
- Hungarian Officials Seize 55,000 Fake Bottles of Perfume
- Bosnian Officials Seize Fake Clothing, Perfume