Serbian Customs Seize Clothing and Accessories Infringing Numerous Trademarks
During regular controls at Serbia’s Customs checkpoints in the period between April 3 and May 25, 2017, Serbian customs officials detained a considerable quantity of goods believed to infringe numerous well-known trademarks.
On 14 different occasions on the E-761 highway in south-central Serbia, the Gradina border crossing point with Bulgaria, the Batrovci border crossing point with Croatia and the cities of Subotica and Belgrade, customs officials seized the following goods:
- 1,400 sweatpants (approx.);
- 1,200 T-shirts (approx.);
- 900 pairs of jeans and pants (approx.);
- 900 pairs of shorts (approx.);
- 630 tracksuits (approx.);
- 100 jackets (approx.);
- 100 skirts (approx.);
- 70 pairs of sneakers (approx.);
- 43 handbags;
- 21 wallets;
- 17 watches;
- 150 kg of fabric; and
- several pairs of shoes and vests.
The seized goods are believed to infringe the following trademarks: Adidas®, Nike®, Tommy Hilfiger®, D&G®, Guess®, Luis Vuitton®, Michael Kors®, Coco Chanel®, YSL®, Hugo Boss®, Armani®, Cesare Paciotti®, DSquared2®, Phillip Plein®, Rolex®, Levi’s®, Versace®, Polo®, Gucci®, Calvin Klein®, Snoopy®, Mickey Mouse®, Valentino®, Hello Kitty®, Spiderman®, Masha and the Bear® and PAW Patrol®.
The goods were discovered in Serbian postal vehicles, warehouses, vehicles exporting goods from Serbia, importing them from Turkey, and vehicles transporting goods from Turkey to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Serbian Customs
June 2017 News
- Ukraine Passes Law Improving Online Copyright Protection
- Confusing Practice of Russian IP Court
- AIPPI Bulgaria Criticizes Draft Ordinance On Industrial Property Representatives
- Macedonian Customs Raise Awareness about the Dangers of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Cartridges, Toys, Apparel, Sneakers, Handbags
- Serbian Customs Seize Clothing and Accessories Infringing Numerous Trademarks
- Hungarian Officials Seize 55,000 Fake Bottles of Perfume
- Bosnian Officials Seize Fake Clothing, Perfume