Rospatent and EPO Launch Joint Patent Prosecution Highway
Russia’s Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent) recently launched a joint Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot program with the European Patent Office (EPO).
Under the pilot, which will run for an initial term of three years, Rospatent and the EPO will benefit from the search and examination work already done by the other office. For example, an applicant that received a favorable ruling from one patent office on at least one claim in the application may request a fast-track examination at the other patent office. The applicants benefit from patentability determination in both jurisdictions and reduced costs of prosecution.
The EPO and Rospatent also co-operate closely on quality issues, technical harmonization and patent data sharing, aiming to improve access to patent information for both patent offices and patent system users.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 2017 News
- The Challenges of Resolving Ukrainian Third-Level Domain Name Disputes
- Rospatent and EPO Launch Joint Patent Prosecution Highway
- Poland Joins Global Patent Prosecution Highway
- Russian IP Court Issues Interesting Decision Concerning Use of Third Party Trademarks
- Alibaba Group Sues Ukrainian Citizen for Trademark Infringement
- Major Brand Owners Urge European Commission to Tackle Counterfeiting
- Ukrainian Police Seize Counterfeit Household Chemicals
- Macedonian Customs Office Organizes IP Rights Protection Courses
- Slovak Customs Seize EUR 490,000 Worth of Counterfeit Bed Linen
- Serbian Customs Seize Over Four Tons of Fake Apparel
- PETOŠEVIĆ Successfully Represents Client in Serbian Lookalike Case