Poland Joins Global Patent Prosecution Highway
On January 6, 2017, the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland joined the Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) pilot. There are now 22 countries, including Estonia, Hungary and Russia, participating in the GPPH.
The GPPH pilot allows patent applicants to request accelerated examination at any of the patent offices involved in the pilot if at least one of their claims has been found acceptable by any of the other participating offices.
The pilot uses a single set of qualifying requirements and it aims to simplify and improve the existing network of bilateral PPH agreements.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources: WIPO, PPH Portal
Read more news on Poland or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
February 2017 News
- The Challenges of Resolving Ukrainian Third-Level Domain Name Disputes
- Rospatent and EPO Launch Joint Patent Prosecution Highway
- Poland Joins Global Patent Prosecution Highway
- Russian IP Court Issues Interesting Decision Concerning Use of Third Party Trademarks
- Alibaba Group Sues Ukrainian Citizen for Trademark Infringement
- Major Brand Owners Urge European Commission to Tackle Counterfeiting
- Ukrainian Police Seize Counterfeit Household Chemicals
- Macedonian Customs Office Organizes IP Rights Protection Courses
- Slovak Customs Seize EUR 490,000 Worth of Counterfeit Bed Linen
- Serbian Customs Seize Over Four Tons of Fake Apparel
- PETOŠEVIĆ Successfully Represents Client in Serbian Lookalike Case