Ukrainian PTO Grants Free Access to TM Applications Database
After much debate, the Ukrainian Institute of Intellectual Property granted free access to its online database of trademark applications on August 21, which is a step forward in developing IP rights protection in Ukraine.
Even though the database only contains applications that passed the formal examination since August 20, trademark owners will be able to monitor new applications and daily updates, ensuring timely enforcement of their prior rights.
Until recently, TM owners passed up on filing oppositions and preventing registrations of similar or identical trademarks, because a TM availability search cost them at least UAH 720 (EUR 30; USD 35) depending on the type of search and urgency.
Prepared by: Viktoriia Smyrnova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian PTO
August 2015 News
- Ukrainian PTO Grants Free Access to TM Applications Database
- Estonia Joins Global PPH
- Macedonian Trademarks Now Available Through TMview
- Changes in Individual Designation Fee Under Hague Agreement for Hungary
- Fake Apparel, Sneakers, Accessories Destroyed in Serbia
- Serbian Customs, Police Authorities Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Ukraine: 1,400 Customs Detentions of Fake Goods in the First Half of 2015
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 800,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- WTO Approves Kazakhstan’s Membership