Fake ‘Brown’ Epilators Destroyed in Albania
On January 23, 2015, the representatives of PETOŠEVIĆ Albania and the local customs authorities organized and witnessed the destruction of 119 fake “Brown” epilators, found to infringe trademark rights of Braun GmbH, one of the world’s leading designers, developers and sellers of small electrical appliances.
The Albanian Customs detained the epilators marked “Brown” on October 27, 2014. They originated in China and were intended for the Albanian market.
Braun GmbH is the holder of the customs watch application for Braun stylized word mark, approved by the Albanian Customs in 2011. Guided by the risk that the epilators might infringe the IP rights of Braun, the local customs authorities informed the right holder of the detention.
Following Braun GmbH’s approval and with no objections from the importer, the goods were destroyed through the simplified procedure.
The epilators were smashed with a hammer at the customs premises in Tirana and the leftovers were taken to a local landfill.
You can read more about this case here.
You can see the photos of the destruction in our gallery.
Prepared by: Melina Nika
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 2015 News
- Bulgarian PTO Rejects Deutsche Telekom’s Opposition
- Albanian Court Rules in Favor of Retailer SPAR in Trademark and Copyright Infringement Case against Albanian Competitor
- Ukrainian Soap Maker Fails to Cancel Porsche Trademarks for Non-Use in Russia
- Parallel Import in EEU - Update
- Fake ‘Brown’ Epilators Destroyed in Albania
- Moschino, Honda, Harley Davidson Counterfeits Destroyed in Serbia
- Czech Republic Introduces New Customs Regulations
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Mascaras, Watch Straps, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1,400,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Hungary Customs Seize Counterfeit Footwear, Apparel
- Russian PTO Ordered to Pay Record Sum for Court Expenses
- Russian IP Court and Evaluating Evidence
- Registering Design Patents for Everyday Objects Still Common in Ukraine