ICANN Approves Bulgarian Cyrillic Domain Extension .бг
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has recently approved Bulgaria’s Cyrillic country code top-level domain (ccTLD) name extension .бг (bg).
The ICANN rejected the .бг extension in May 2010 on the grounds of visual similarities with the Brazilian ccTLD domain .br. However, after a more comprehensive similarity review, the experts determined that the Bulgarian extension is not confusing. As the ICANN announced on its website, the Bulgarian application is ready to proceed forward through the IDN ccTLD Fast Track process.
Prepared by: Bogdan Bogdanov
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: ICANN website
Read more news on Bulgaria or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
October 2014 News
- Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia Ratify Eurasian Economic Union Treaty, Armenia to Join Union
- Braun Victorious against Albanian Importer of Fake ‘Brown’ Epilators
- Bulgarian Soft Drinks Producer Loses against Red Bull over Pit Bull Trademark
- Tajikistan Ratifies Singapore Treaty
- OHIM, National PTOs Adopt Common Communication on Impact of Non-Distinctive Elements in Assessing Likelihood of Confusion
- WHO Publishes List of Proposed INNs for Pharmaceutical Substances
- ICANN Approves Bulgarian Cyrillic Domain Extension .бг
- UK Court Orders Internet Providers to Block Websites Selling Counterfeits
- Hungarian Company Makes 600 Counterfeit Dictionaries
- EU to Introduce Stricter Prescription Drug Monitoring System
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 110,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Star Wars, Mickey Mouse Clothes
- Serbia and OHIM Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Ukraine Adopts Regulation on State Registration of Franchise Agreements
- Slovenian Supreme Court Rules on Destruction and Storage Costs in Customs Matters
- Bulgarian Supreme Court Issues Important Decision re SPC Application
- Bulgarian Supreme Court Decides on Genuine Use of ‘Vasilka’ Trademark
- Albanian Appellate Court Confirms Red Bull’s Win in Trade Dress Lawsuit against Local Competitor
- Azerbaijan to Implement Holograms to Help Fight Piracy
- Ukrainian Police Seize Counterfeit Dolce & Gabbana, Baldinini Footwear
- Croatian Customs, Police Seize EUR 8M Worth of Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 200,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- 1,680 Fake FC Barcelona Towels, Jeans Destroyed in Serbia