Croatian Customs, Police Seize EUR 8M Worth of Counterfeits
On July 14, 2014, following the request of the Misdemeanor Court in Zagreb, the Croatian customs and police authorities searched several private and business premises in Zagreb.
The raid resulted in the seizure of counterfeit apparel and the equipment and materials used in the production of counterfeits, namely: 113,628 clothing items bearing among others the marks of Guess, Burberry, Gucci and D&G; 11 sewing machines; and 3,623.60 kg of raw material for making counterfeit bags bearing the marks of Lacoste, Louis Vuitton, Armani, Guess, Burberry, Gucci and D&G.
The estimated value of the seized goods is approximately EUR 8 million (USD 10 million).
Prepared by: Jadranka Barisic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Croatian PTO
October 2014 News
- Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia Ratify Eurasian Economic Union Treaty, Armenia to Join Union
- Braun Victorious against Albanian Importer of Fake ‘Brown’ Epilators
- Bulgarian Soft Drinks Producer Loses against Red Bull over Pit Bull Trademark
- Tajikistan Ratifies Singapore Treaty
- OHIM, National PTOs Adopt Common Communication on Impact of Non-Distinctive Elements in Assessing Likelihood of Confusion
- WHO Publishes List of Proposed INNs for Pharmaceutical Substances
- ICANN Approves Bulgarian Cyrillic Domain Extension .бг
- UK Court Orders Internet Providers to Block Websites Selling Counterfeits
- Hungarian Company Makes 600 Counterfeit Dictionaries
- EU to Introduce Stricter Prescription Drug Monitoring System
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 110,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Star Wars, Mickey Mouse Clothes
- Serbia and OHIM Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Ukraine Adopts Regulation on State Registration of Franchise Agreements
- Slovenian Supreme Court Rules on Destruction and Storage Costs in Customs Matters
- Bulgarian Supreme Court Issues Important Decision re SPC Application
- Bulgarian Supreme Court Decides on Genuine Use of ‘Vasilka’ Trademark
- Albanian Appellate Court Confirms Red Bull’s Win in Trade Dress Lawsuit against Local Competitor
- Azerbaijan to Implement Holograms to Help Fight Piracy
- Ukrainian Police Seize Counterfeit Dolce & Gabbana, Baldinini Footwear
- Croatian Customs, Police Seize EUR 8M Worth of Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 200,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- 1,680 Fake FC Barcelona Towels, Jeans Destroyed in Serbia