Romanian Customs Seize EUR 110,000 Worth of Counterfeits
On October 7-9, 2014, the Romanian customs officials seized toys and bracelet-making kits believed to be counterfeit, the total value of which is estimated at EUR 110,000 EUR (USD 140,000).
The seized goods include over 5,000 plastic and metal toy cars believed to infringe the Scania trademark and 4,500 bracelet kits bearing the Rainbow Loom trademark.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Roxana Sarghi
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Romanian Customs
October 2014 News
- Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia Ratify Eurasian Economic Union Treaty, Armenia to Join Union
- Braun Victorious against Albanian Importer of Fake ‘Brown’ Epilators
- Bulgarian Soft Drinks Producer Loses against Red Bull over Pit Bull Trademark
- Tajikistan Ratifies Singapore Treaty
- OHIM, National PTOs Adopt Common Communication on Impact of Non-Distinctive Elements in Assessing Likelihood of Confusion
- WHO Publishes List of Proposed INNs for Pharmaceutical Substances
- ICANN Approves Bulgarian Cyrillic Domain Extension .бг
- UK Court Orders Internet Providers to Block Websites Selling Counterfeits
- Hungarian Company Makes 600 Counterfeit Dictionaries
- EU to Introduce Stricter Prescription Drug Monitoring System
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 110,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Star Wars, Mickey Mouse Clothes
- Serbia and OHIM Sign Cooperation Agreement
- Ukraine Adopts Regulation on State Registration of Franchise Agreements
- Slovenian Supreme Court Rules on Destruction and Storage Costs in Customs Matters
- Bulgarian Supreme Court Issues Important Decision re SPC Application
- Bulgarian Supreme Court Decides on Genuine Use of ‘Vasilka’ Trademark
- Albanian Appellate Court Confirms Red Bull’s Win in Trade Dress Lawsuit against Local Competitor
- Azerbaijan to Implement Holograms to Help Fight Piracy
- Ukrainian Police Seize Counterfeit Dolce & Gabbana, Baldinini Footwear
- Croatian Customs, Police Seize EUR 8M Worth of Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 200,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- 1,680 Fake FC Barcelona Towels, Jeans Destroyed in Serbia