Registration of GIs and DOs with Kosovo IP Agency Possible as of January 30
Further to the entry into force of the Law on Geographical Indications (GIs) and Designations of Origin (DOs) on July 19, 2013, the Ministry of Trade and Industry approved the Administrative Instruction no. 05/2014 on registration procedure for the GIs and DOs and the Administrative Instruction no. 04/2014 on official fees for the registration of GIs and DOs. The administrative instructions entered into force on January 30, 2014.
The Administrative Instruction no. 05/2014 provides detailed information on the procedures prescribed by the law, namely the procedures of application, registration, publication, recordal of changes, renewal, termination of validity, etc.
The interested parties are now able to apply for the registration of their GIs or DOs with the Kosovo IP Agency, responsible for the registration procedure.
The administrative instructions are available in English on the Ministry of Trade and Industry’s website.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Kosovo Ministry of Trade and Industry’s website
February 2014 News
- Romania to Introduce New Domain Name Regulations
- Azerbaijan Makes Progress in Copyright Protection
- Russia Amends Anti-Piracy Law
- Ukrainian Police Discover Sewing Shop with Counterfeit Clothes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Bags, Sneakers
- Russian Court Rules Against Coca-Cola in Trade Dress Lawsuit
- Registration of GIs and DOs with Kosovo IP Agency Possible as of January 30
- Ukraine to Allow Blocking of Copyright Infringing Websites without Court Decision
- Uzbekistan Withdraws Reservation to Berne Convention Provision
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.7 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bosnian Customs Seize Fake Perfumes
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Jeans