Uzbekistan Withdraws Reservation to Berne Convention Provision
On January 8, 2014, Uzbekistan deposited a notification with the WIPO withdrawing its reservation concerning the Berne Convention for the protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
On January 19, 2005, Uzbekistan deposited its instrument of accession to the Convention, but made a declaration according to which the effects of the Convention would not extend to the works which, at the date of entry into force of the Convention in Uzbekistan, were already in the public domain in the country.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
February 2014 News
- Romania to Introduce New Domain Name Regulations
- Azerbaijan Makes Progress in Copyright Protection
- Russia Amends Anti-Piracy Law
- Ukrainian Police Discover Sewing Shop with Counterfeit Clothes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Bags, Sneakers
- Russian Court Rules Against Coca-Cola in Trade Dress Lawsuit
- Registration of GIs and DOs with Kosovo IP Agency Possible as of January 30
- Ukraine to Allow Blocking of Copyright Infringing Websites without Court Decision
- Uzbekistan Withdraws Reservation to Berne Convention Provision
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.7 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bosnian Customs Seize Fake Perfumes
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Jeans