Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.7 M Worth of Counterfeits
In the time period December 11, 2013 – January 16, 2014, the Romanian customs officials seized a considerable number of goods believed to be counterfeit, the total value of which exceeds EUR 1.74 million (USD 2.36 million).
The seized goods include 7,000 plush toys and 3,000 children’s pajamas bearing the Disney, Angry Birds, Monster High and Thomas & Friends marks; 8,000 pairs of children’s sneakers bearing the Converse mark; and 26,000 pairs of women’s shoes bearing the UGG and Converse marks.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian Customs
February 2014 News
- Romania to Introduce New Domain Name Regulations
- Azerbaijan Makes Progress in Copyright Protection
- Russia Amends Anti-Piracy Law
- Ukrainian Police Discover Sewing Shop with Counterfeit Clothes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Bags, Sneakers
- Russian Court Rules Against Coca-Cola in Trade Dress Lawsuit
- Registration of GIs and DOs with Kosovo IP Agency Possible as of January 30
- Ukraine to Allow Blocking of Copyright Infringing Websites without Court Decision
- Uzbekistan Withdraws Reservation to Berne Convention Provision
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.7 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bosnian Customs Seize Fake Perfumes
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Jeans