Albanian Parliament Approves Draft Law on Accession to London Agreement
On April 18, 2013, the Albanian parliament approved the Draft law on the accession of the Republic of Albania to the London Agreement.
The agreement will enter into force on the first day of the fourth month after Albania deposits the instrument of accession.
According to the current patent law in Albania, the translation of European patents into Albanian is required.
After the agreement comes into force in Albania, and following the related patent law amendments, Albania will no longer require Albanian translation of a European patent if the patent was granted in English or submitted with an English translation for protection in Albania.
If the patent was not granted in English, but in German or French, a translation into English or Albanian will be required.
The translation of European patent claims into Albanian will still be required. The patent will be either published as filed in English with the claims translated into Albanian or entirely in Albanian, as Albanian and English will be the only languages accepted by the Albanian PTO.
The London Agreement was concluded on October 17, 2000 with the aim to decrease translation costs for European patents granted under the European Patent Convention. It is an optional agreement between European Patent Organization member states.
Prepared by: Melina Nika
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Albanian parliament; Albanian PTO
April 2013 News
- Draft Law Amending Civil Code to Impact IP Regulations in Russia
- Albania Improves Domain Name Procedures and Purchase Requirements
- Tablet Computers Protected Under Design Patent in Ukraine
- Albanian Parliament Approves Draft Law on Accession to London Agreement
- EAPO Abolishes Accelerated Examination of Patent Applications
- Bosnia Accedes to Lisbon Agreement
- Bosnia Accedes to Lisbon Act and Additional Act of Stockholm
- Romania's Anti-Piracy Campaign Results in 313 Criminal Cases
- Draft Amendments to Macedonian Customs Law Foresee Donation of Seized Counterfeit Apparel
- Hungarian Customs Seize Fake Cigarette Machine
- Number of Customs Detentions Increase in Slovenia in 2012
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.2 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Hairspray, Apparel
- Bosnian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Armani Labels
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel