Macedonia Launches Campaign for Registering Cyrillic Domain Name
The Macedonian Academic Research Network (MARnet), responsible for managing and servicing Macedonia’s Latin top-level domain .mk, has recently launched a campaign for registering the Cyrillic top-level domain. Macedonian citizens are invited to submit proposals for a Cyrillic domain name by December 3.
MARnet will review the proposals and select the extensions that satisfy the prescribed technical criteria. The extension needs to be in the official language of the country and represent the full name, part of the name, or an abbreviated form of the name of the country; it also needs to be different from the Latin domain name .mk.
After selecting the extensions that satisfy these criteria, MARnet will post the proposals on its website where citizens, associations and legal entities will have one month to vote. The proposal that wins the most votes will be included in the official request for initiating the process for obtaining a Cyrillic domain that will be submitted to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
November 2012 News
- Macedonia Launches Campaign for Registering Cyrillic Domain Name
- Romanian Copyright Office Approves Protocol for Audiovisual Works Royalties
- EU Court Dismisses Hungary’s Lawsuit against Slovakia’s Wine Registration
- VKontakte Files Appeal against Copyright Infringement Charges
- Bulgarian Crane Components Supplier Fined for Unfair Competition in Domain Name Dispute
- Romanian PTO Joins EuroClass
- Slovenian IPO Joins Seniority Project
- Montenegro Accedes to Nice Agreement
- EC: Bosnia Making Progress in IP Area
- Armenian Ministry of Economy to Use Only Licensed Software
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Perfumes
- Ukraine Customs Destroy Three Tons of Counterfeit Goods
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Bosnian Customs Seize Counterfeit Duracell Batteries
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Deodorants, Apparel