Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Perfumes
In the period October 15-25, the Romanian customs officials seized goods believed to be counterfeit worth over EUR 0.5 million (USD 0.6 million).
The seized goods include:
- 20,796 toys bearing Thomas & Friends, Bakugan, Disney, Hannah Montana and Smurfs marks;
- Toys bearing Transformers, Winnie the Pooh, Yo-Yo marks;
- Liquid adhesive bearing Picătura mark;
- Hair band sets bearing the Hello Kitty mark;
- Wristwatches and stickers bearing the Disney mark;
- Stationery bearing Disney and Smurfs marks;
- 13,056 stuffed toys bearing the Disney mark;
- 15,388 toys made of fabric bearing Disney, Angry Birds, Hello Kitty and Ice Age marks; and
- 1,604 perfume bottles bearing Chanel, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Diesel, Ferre, Narciso Rodriguez, Hugo Boss, Paco Rabanne and Cartier marks.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta, eastern Romania, and in the town of Slobozia, southeastern Romania. The goods originated in China and were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Simona Dragoi
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Romanian Customs
November 2012 News
- Macedonia Launches Campaign for Registering Cyrillic Domain Name
- Romanian Copyright Office Approves Protocol for Audiovisual Works Royalties
- EU Court Dismisses Hungary’s Lawsuit against Slovakia’s Wine Registration
- VKontakte Files Appeal against Copyright Infringement Charges
- Bulgarian Crane Components Supplier Fined for Unfair Competition in Domain Name Dispute
- Romanian PTO Joins EuroClass
- Slovenian IPO Joins Seniority Project
- Montenegro Accedes to Nice Agreement
- EC: Bosnia Making Progress in IP Area
- Armenian Ministry of Economy to Use Only Licensed Software
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Perfumes
- Ukraine Customs Destroy Three Tons of Counterfeit Goods
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Bosnian Customs Seize Counterfeit Duracell Batteries
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Deodorants, Apparel