Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro Approaching
The new trademark law that entered into force in Montenegro on December 16, 2010 obligates the owners of trademarks registered before the Serbian Intellectual Property Office to request entrance of their rights into the Montenegrin trademarks register by December 16, 2011.
We would like to remind our clients about this non-extendable deadline and we highly recommend that our clients check their records for Serbian registrations that they wish to maintain in Montenegro.
The obligatory re-registration affects national trademarks registered before the Serbian IPO prior to May 28, 2008, the opening date of the Montenegrin IPO, unless a renewal or request for recordal of changes or Certificate of Registration had already been filed in Montenegro before December 16, 2010.
For more information, please contact Jasna Jusic Paovic at our Montenegro Office.
Read more news on Montenegro or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
June 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro Approaching
- Official Fee for Customs Watch Applications Waived in Macedonia
- Turkmenistan Drafting Law on Unfair Competition
- Polish Police Arrest Counterfeit Viagra Gang
- Moldovan Police Put End to Fake Newspaper Scam
- Change in Individual Fee Under Madrid Protocol for Georgia
- Estonian File-Sharing Website Owner Fined for Copyright Infringement
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Adidas, D&G, Louis Vuitton Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit T-shirts, Swimsuits, Filters
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Adidas, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Detain Dior Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Barcelona and Chelsea Shorts
- Bosnian Authorities Seize 15,000 Pirated Discs
- Ukraine: Software Piracy Level Decreases in Computer Shops, Increases in Service Centers
- Georgian Authors Society to Monitor Audio-Video Stores and Piracy Websites
- Azerbaijani Government Signs Agreement With Microsoft to Use Licensed Software
- Tajikistan Accedes to WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty
- Russia to Establish New Federal IP Service
- Kazakh PTO Launches Online Application System
- U.S. Helps Tajikistan Publish Trilingual IP Dictionary
- Progress of IP Reforms in Armenia Main Topic of EU-Armenia Seminar