Progress of IP Reforms in Armenia Main Topic of EU-Armenia Seminar
The progress of intellectual property rights protection in Armenia was the main topic of discussion at the seminar organized by the EU Advisory Group and the Armenian Interagency Commission coordinating Armenia-EU Cooperation on May 20, 2011.
The participants at the seminar established that Armenia made progress in terms of its intellectual property legislation, increased activity of the specialized police unit in charge of IPR protection and enforcement and the remuneration to the owners of copyright and related rights. However, shortcomings were detected with regards to counterfeiting and piracy and the external border enforcement.
It was also noted that an EU-funded technical cooperation project worth EUR 1.2 million (USD 1.7 million) would be implemented in the IPR field in Armenia in the period 2012-2013.
Since 2008, the EU Advisory Group has been supporting the Armenian government in the implementation of its reforms and international commitments.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Public Radio of Armenia website
June 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro Approaching
- Official Fee for Customs Watch Applications Waived in Macedonia
- Turkmenistan Drafting Law on Unfair Competition
- Polish Police Arrest Counterfeit Viagra Gang
- Moldovan Police Put End to Fake Newspaper Scam
- Change in Individual Fee Under Madrid Protocol for Georgia
- Estonian File-Sharing Website Owner Fined for Copyright Infringement
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Adidas, D&G, Louis Vuitton Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit T-shirts, Swimsuits, Filters
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Adidas, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Detain Dior Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Barcelona and Chelsea Shorts
- Bosnian Authorities Seize 15,000 Pirated Discs
- Ukraine: Software Piracy Level Decreases in Computer Shops, Increases in Service Centers
- Georgian Authors Society to Monitor Audio-Video Stores and Piracy Websites
- Azerbaijani Government Signs Agreement With Microsoft to Use Licensed Software
- Tajikistan Accedes to WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty
- Russia to Establish New Federal IP Service
- Kazakh PTO Launches Online Application System
- U.S. Helps Tajikistan Publish Trilingual IP Dictionary
- Progress of IP Reforms in Armenia Main Topic of EU-Armenia Seminar