U.S. Helps Tajikistan Publish Trilingual IP Dictionary
On May 31, 2011, the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe, Tajikistan organized a ceremony to mark the publication of a trilingual English-Russian-Tajik intellectual property dictionary.
The dictionary was funded through the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Regional Trade Liberalization and Customs project, as part of the U.S. Government’s support for Tajikistan’s efforts to bring its laws in line with international legislation.
The main author of the dictionary is Inom Takhirov, the National Center for Patents and Information director. In addition to the list of intellectual property terms, the dictionary contains an introduction to intellectual property, copyright and industrial property rights, and will be a valuable resource for the Government of Tajikistan, scholars, IP practitioners, law students and other professionals.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Tajik media group ASIA-Plus
Read more news on Tajikistan or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
June 2011 News
- Deadline for Re-Registration of Serbian Trademarks in Montenegro Approaching
- Official Fee for Customs Watch Applications Waived in Macedonia
- Turkmenistan Drafting Law on Unfair Competition
- Polish Police Arrest Counterfeit Viagra Gang
- Moldovan Police Put End to Fake Newspaper Scam
- Change in Individual Fee Under Madrid Protocol for Georgia
- Estonian File-Sharing Website Owner Fined for Copyright Infringement
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Adidas, D&G, Louis Vuitton Counterfeits
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit T-shirts, Swimsuits, Filters
- Romanian Customs Seize Disney, Adidas, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Detain Dior Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Barcelona and Chelsea Shorts
- Bosnian Authorities Seize 15,000 Pirated Discs
- Ukraine: Software Piracy Level Decreases in Computer Shops, Increases in Service Centers
- Georgian Authors Society to Monitor Audio-Video Stores and Piracy Websites
- Azerbaijani Government Signs Agreement With Microsoft to Use Licensed Software
- Tajikistan Accedes to WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty
- Russia to Establish New Federal IP Service
- Kazakh PTO Launches Online Application System
- U.S. Helps Tajikistan Publish Trilingual IP Dictionary
- Progress of IP Reforms in Armenia Main Topic of EU-Armenia Seminar