Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike, Gant Counterfeits
On April 20, 2011, the Kosovo customs officials organized a destruction of 104 T-shirts and tracksuits found to infringe the intellectual property rights of Nike and Gant.
The goods were cut with scalpel knives at the customs premises in Hani i Elezit, border- crossing point with Macedonia, in the presence of the rights holders’ legal representatives. The goods were detained in March 2011 at the same border crossing point.
The goods were destroyed following the fast-track procedure under the Law on Customs Measures, which enables the right holders to avoid the lengthy and costly court procedures.
For more information, please contact Nahide Saliaga-Maliqi at our Kosovo office.
Source: SDP KOSOVE
May 2011 News
- Estonian Architects Sue Construction Company for Copyright Infringement
- Ukrainian Catering Establishments to Get Permission to Broadcast Euro 2012 Football Matches
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol, Hague Agreement for Moldova
- Russian Cyrillic .РФ Domain Registration Changes as of May 16, 2011
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Sunglasses, Deodorants, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Adidas, Gap, Hello Kitty Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, T-Shirts, Socks
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike, Gant Counterfeits
- Bosnian Officials Seize Fake Nike, Reebok, Adidas Labels
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Central and Eastern Europe Still World Leader in Software Piracy
- Moldovan Authorities Press Charges against Torrent Website Administrator
- In Croatia 99.9 Percent Downloads Illegal
- Italian Winemakers Tackle Counterfeiting in Russia
- Russia Still on Special 301 Report Priority Watch List
- Russia to Set Up Special IP Court