Russia to Set Up Special IP Court
Russia is planning to set up a specialized intellectual property court as part of the Skolkovo innovation center, a modern technology complex to be built in the village of Skolkovo, near Moscow, aimed at encouraging scientific research and development.
“Skolkovo’s intellectual products should be protected against copyright and piracy. The project’s major purpose is to create high-value intellectual products. These products will serve as a criterion to assess the center’s performance. For this reason, protection of intellectual property is high on the agenda of both members of the project and its leaders,” explained Igor Drozdov from the Supreme Court of Arbitration of the Russian Federation.
In addition to the IP court, an IP centre is also to be set up in Skolkovo to aid in the protection and commercialization of inventions.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: RIA Novosti, Russian International News Agency; The Voice of Russia
May 2011 News
- Estonian Architects Sue Construction Company for Copyright Infringement
- Ukrainian Catering Establishments to Get Permission to Broadcast Euro 2012 Football Matches
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol, Hague Agreement for Moldova
- Russian Cyrillic .РФ Domain Registration Changes as of May 16, 2011
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Sunglasses, Deodorants, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Adidas, Gap, Hello Kitty Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, T-Shirts, Socks
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike, Gant Counterfeits
- Bosnian Officials Seize Fake Nike, Reebok, Adidas Labels
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Central and Eastern Europe Still World Leader in Software Piracy
- Moldovan Authorities Press Charges against Torrent Website Administrator
- In Croatia 99.9 Percent Downloads Illegal
- Italian Winemakers Tackle Counterfeiting in Russia
- Russia Still on Special 301 Report Priority Watch List
- Russia to Set Up Special IP Court