Moldovan Authorities Press Charges against Torrent Website Administrator
May 26 2011 - 14:02
The attorney general’s office in Moldova has recently filed a copyright infringement suit against a torrent website administrator for illegally distributing protected artwork, music and movies.
Following a complaint received from the Moldovan association of phonogram and videogram producers, the authorities located the computer that hosted the infringing website and identified the administrator.
The total infringement damages are estimated at EUR 21,761 (USD 31,015). The case is ongoing.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Moldovan IPO
Read more news on Moldova or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
May 2011 News
- Estonian Architects Sue Construction Company for Copyright Infringement
- Ukrainian Catering Establishments to Get Permission to Broadcast Euro 2012 Football Matches
- Change in Individual Fees Under Madrid Protocol, Hague Agreement for Moldova
- Russian Cyrillic .РФ Domain Registration Changes as of May 16, 2011
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Sunglasses, Deodorants, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Calvin Klein, Adidas, Gap, Hello Kitty Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, T-Shirts, Socks
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Nike, Gant Counterfeits
- Bosnian Officials Seize Fake Nike, Reebok, Adidas Labels
- Polish Customs Seize Counterfeit Cigarettes
- Central and Eastern Europe Still World Leader in Software Piracy
- Moldovan Authorities Press Charges against Torrent Website Administrator
- In Croatia 99.9 Percent Downloads Illegal
- Italian Winemakers Tackle Counterfeiting in Russia
- Russia Still on Special 301 Report Priority Watch List
- Russia to Set Up Special IP Court