Bulgarian Police Seize EUR 600,000 Worth of Counterfeit Apparel
On March 18, 2011, the Bulgarian authorities discovered and seized 6446 counterfeit textile items bearing the marks of globally famous brands valued at approximately EUR 600,000 (USD 860,000).
The fake goods were seized in the raid of various factories and retail outlets in the villages of Kozlets and Teketo near the town of Haskovo, southern Bulgaria, following complaints about the illegal production and sale of branded products lodged by two legal representatives on behalf of the rights holders.
The brands are not identified, but the seized goods include shirts, tracksuits, sweatshirts, T-shirts, bags, belts, scarves, a large number of labels, as well as nine garment manufacturing machines and three screen-printing machines.
According to the authorities, pre-trial proceedings have been initiated against the infringers.
For more information, please contact Adelina Slavkova at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Darik News, Bulgarian news portal
April 2011 News
- Amendments to Bulgarian Law on Marks and Geographical Indications in Force as of March 10, 2011
- Montenegro Law on Geographical Indications for Agricultural Products and Foodstuffs Enters into Force
- Red Bull Loses Against Polish Beverage Producer
- European Court of Justice Returns “Bud” Trademark Case to Lower Court
- Russia Amends Trademark Infringement Penalties
- Hungarian IPO Expands Trademark Electronic Filing System
- 38,000 Domain Names Released Following Estonian Domain Reform
- Ukraine to Stop Labeling Sparkling Wines as Champagne
- Tajikistan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Kazakhstan Adopts PLT Ratification Law
- International Convention for Protection of New Varieties of Plants to Enter Into Force in Macedonia
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Gillette, Diesel Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers, Perfumes, Watches, Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Detain 18,000 Kilograms of Counterfeit Apparel En Route to Belgium
- Serbian Customs Detain 12,500 Kilograms of Counterfeits Intended for Polish Importer
- Bosnian Authorities Seize Counterfeit Massagers
- Estonian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Russian Film Producers Demand Adequate Laws Against Internet Piracy
- Software Piracy Level in Armenia 90 Percent
- Bulgarian Police Seize EUR 600,000 Worth of Counterfeit Apparel
- OHIM Assists Kosovo IPO with Design Guidelines
- Kosovo IPO Launches its Second Official Gazette