Kazakhstan Adopts PLT Ratification Law
Apr 27 2011 - 12:24
On March 25, 2011, the Kazakhstan parliament adopted the Law on Ratification of the Patent Law Treaty (PLT).
Amirkhan Amanbayev, Kazakhstan deputy minister of justice, presented the new law to the parliament stressing that the country’s accession to the PLT, expected to happen soon, will simplify patent protection across member states by harmonizing national and international procedural requirements.
The PLT was adopted in Geneva on June 1, 2000 and it has 27 contracting states.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kazakhstan PTO
Read more news on Kazakhstan or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
April 2011 News
- Amendments to Bulgarian Law on Marks and Geographical Indications in Force as of March 10, 2011
- Montenegro Law on Geographical Indications for Agricultural Products and Foodstuffs Enters into Force
- Red Bull Loses Against Polish Beverage Producer
- European Court of Justice Returns “Bud” Trademark Case to Lower Court
- Russia Amends Trademark Infringement Penalties
- Hungarian IPO Expands Trademark Electronic Filing System
- 38,000 Domain Names Released Following Estonian Domain Reform
- Ukraine to Stop Labeling Sparkling Wines as Champagne
- Tajikistan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Kazakhstan Adopts PLT Ratification Law
- International Convention for Protection of New Varieties of Plants to Enter Into Force in Macedonia
- Macedonian Customs Destroy Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Gillette, Diesel Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers, Perfumes, Watches, Cigarettes
- Macedonian Customs Detain 18,000 Kilograms of Counterfeit Apparel En Route to Belgium
- Serbian Customs Detain 12,500 Kilograms of Counterfeits Intended for Polish Importer
- Bosnian Authorities Seize Counterfeit Massagers
- Estonian Software Pirate Sentenced to Prison
- Russian Film Producers Demand Adequate Laws Against Internet Piracy
- Software Piracy Level in Armenia 90 Percent
- Bulgarian Police Seize EUR 600,000 Worth of Counterfeit Apparel
- OHIM Assists Kosovo IPO with Design Guidelines
- Kosovo IPO Launches its Second Official Gazette