Kazakhstan New Regulations on Protection of Unpublished Works
On October 14, 2010, the Kazakhstan Ministry of Justice issued Order No. 279 regulating the protection of unpublished works, specifically the delivery, acceptance and storage of unpublished manuscripts.
According to the paragraph 3 of the Order, the Order entered into force ten calendar days after its first publication, which was on January 12, 2011 in the national newspaper Kazakhstanskaya Pravda.
The new regulations were drafted in accordance with the Kazakhstan Law on Copyright and Related Rights and aim to prevent misuse and misappropriation of unpublished works.
The justice ministry has appointed the Committee for Intellectual Property Rights as the authority responsible for protection of unpublished works.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kazakhstan PTO
March 2011 News
- Ukraine to Adopt Amendments to Copyright Law
- Macedonia Adopts Amendments to Industrial Property Law
- Polish PTO Invalidates Unilever’s Trademark
- Rospatent Rejects 'Putin-Medvedev' Vodka Trademark
- Nestle Sues Russian Beverage Distributor Over Parallel Import
- Georgia Fights for Right to Sell Stalin's Favorite Wine in US
- Slovenian IPO Issues Statements of Grant of Protection for International Trademarks
- ICANN Approves Ukrainian Cyrillic .укр Domain
- Sochi 2014 Polar Bear Mascot Center of Copyright Dispute
- Kazakhstan New Regulations on Protection of Unpublished Works
- Russia to Get International Patent for Space Monitoring System Against Natural Catastrophes
- Croatia Follows World Trend in Patent Applications Increase
- First Counterfeit Goods Seized, Destroyed in Kosovo
- US Places Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine Markets on Top Pirates List
- Hungary Toughens Regulations on Counterfeit Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Puma, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Chanel, Gucci, Hugo Boss Counterfeits
- Microsoft, BSA Train Albania Copyright Office Inspectors on Illegal Software
- Belarusian National Television Airs Pirated Copy of “The Hurt Locker”
- Albanian Authorities Seize 2,000 CDs, DVDs
- EPO President Visits Albania, Bulgaria
- WIPO: Kyrgyzstan Leader in IP in Central Asia