Belarusian National Television Airs Pirated Copy of “The Hurt Locker”
The Belarusian state television wanted to mark this year’s Academy Awards by airing movies that had won Oscars in the past. One of the movies that they aired was “The Hurt Locker”, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2010. However, it seems that the TV station aired a pirated copy of this movie, downloaded from the BitTorrent website Interfilm.
Toward the end of the movie, a female voice interrupted the scene with the message “This release is created exclusively for Interfilm.ru”, which means that the Belarusian television did not obtain the film legally. Interfilm.ru is a Russian movie-pirating site currently involved in a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA).
The Belarusian state television representative stated that they obtained proper licenses for the movie through the Russian company GALA Media, describing the message referring to Interfilm.ru as “a technical error”.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Blog TorrentFreak with the latest news on the BitTorrent protocol and file sharing
March 2011 News
- Ukraine to Adopt Amendments to Copyright Law
- Macedonia Adopts Amendments to Industrial Property Law
- Polish PTO Invalidates Unilever’s Trademark
- Rospatent Rejects 'Putin-Medvedev' Vodka Trademark
- Nestle Sues Russian Beverage Distributor Over Parallel Import
- Georgia Fights for Right to Sell Stalin's Favorite Wine in US
- Slovenian IPO Issues Statements of Grant of Protection for International Trademarks
- ICANN Approves Ukrainian Cyrillic .укр Domain
- Sochi 2014 Polar Bear Mascot Center of Copyright Dispute
- Kazakhstan New Regulations on Protection of Unpublished Works
- Russia to Get International Patent for Space Monitoring System Against Natural Catastrophes
- Croatia Follows World Trend in Patent Applications Increase
- First Counterfeit Goods Seized, Destroyed in Kosovo
- US Places Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine Markets on Top Pirates List
- Hungary Toughens Regulations on Counterfeit Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Puma, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Chanel, Gucci, Hugo Boss Counterfeits
- Microsoft, BSA Train Albania Copyright Office Inspectors on Illegal Software
- Belarusian National Television Airs Pirated Copy of “The Hurt Locker”
- Albanian Authorities Seize 2,000 CDs, DVDs
- EPO President Visits Albania, Bulgaria
- WIPO: Kyrgyzstan Leader in IP in Central Asia