Bulgarian Customs Seize Chanel, Gucci, Hugo Boss Counterfeits
During regular controls at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint on the Bulgarian-Turkish border in the period March 3-6, 2011, the Bulgarian customs officials seized a considerable quantity of cosmetic and textile products believed to be counterfeit, bearing the logos of well-known brands including D&G, Burberry, Joop, Chanel, Gucci and Hugo Boss.
On March 3, the officials performed a routine check of a heavy-freight truck with Bulgarian license plates, traveling from Turkey to Bulgaria, and seized 477 textile products suspected of being counterfeit.
On March 4, after a thorough inspection of the luggage compartment of a Turkish passenger bus, the officials found 262 fake perfumes hidden among the personal belongings of a Turkish citizen.
On March 6, the customs officials at the same border seized 3,456 counterfeit deodorants.
For more information, please contact Adelina Slavkova at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
March 2011 News
- Ukraine to Adopt Amendments to Copyright Law
- Macedonia Adopts Amendments to Industrial Property Law
- Polish PTO Invalidates Unilever’s Trademark
- Rospatent Rejects 'Putin-Medvedev' Vodka Trademark
- Nestle Sues Russian Beverage Distributor Over Parallel Import
- Georgia Fights for Right to Sell Stalin's Favorite Wine in US
- Slovenian IPO Issues Statements of Grant of Protection for International Trademarks
- ICANN Approves Ukrainian Cyrillic .укр Domain
- Sochi 2014 Polar Bear Mascot Center of Copyright Dispute
- Kazakhstan New Regulations on Protection of Unpublished Works
- Russia to Get International Patent for Space Monitoring System Against Natural Catastrophes
- Croatia Follows World Trend in Patent Applications Increase
- First Counterfeit Goods Seized, Destroyed in Kosovo
- US Places Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine Markets on Top Pirates List
- Hungary Toughens Regulations on Counterfeit Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Puma, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Chanel, Gucci, Hugo Boss Counterfeits
- Microsoft, BSA Train Albania Copyright Office Inspectors on Illegal Software
- Belarusian National Television Airs Pirated Copy of “The Hurt Locker”
- Albanian Authorities Seize 2,000 CDs, DVDs
- EPO President Visits Albania, Bulgaria
- WIPO: Kyrgyzstan Leader in IP in Central Asia