Microsoft, BSA Train Albania Copyright Office Inspectors on Illegal Software
On February 2, 2011, Microsoft Corporation and Business Software Alliance representatives organized a training for the Albanian Copyright Office inspectors on how to recognize illegal software.
Experts from Microsoft Albania lectured on software licensed on the Albanian market, differences between legal and counterfeit software, and the ways of controlling legal and illegal software installations.
On February 14, the Albanian authorities started to perform market inspections with an aim to discover and confiscate illegal software.
For more information, please contact Melina Nika at our Albania office.
Source: Albanian Copyright Office
March 2011 News
- Ukraine to Adopt Amendments to Copyright Law
- Macedonia Adopts Amendments to Industrial Property Law
- Polish PTO Invalidates Unilever’s Trademark
- Rospatent Rejects 'Putin-Medvedev' Vodka Trademark
- Nestle Sues Russian Beverage Distributor Over Parallel Import
- Georgia Fights for Right to Sell Stalin's Favorite Wine in US
- Slovenian IPO Issues Statements of Grant of Protection for International Trademarks
- ICANN Approves Ukrainian Cyrillic .укр Domain
- Sochi 2014 Polar Bear Mascot Center of Copyright Dispute
- Kazakhstan New Regulations on Protection of Unpublished Works
- Russia to Get International Patent for Space Monitoring System Against Natural Catastrophes
- Croatia Follows World Trend in Patent Applications Increase
- First Counterfeit Goods Seized, Destroyed in Kosovo
- US Places Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine Markets on Top Pirates List
- Hungary Toughens Regulations on Counterfeit Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Adidas, Puma, Nike, Gucci Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Chanel, Gucci, Hugo Boss Counterfeits
- Microsoft, BSA Train Albania Copyright Office Inspectors on Illegal Software
- Belarusian National Television Airs Pirated Copy of “The Hurt Locker”
- Albanian Authorities Seize 2,000 CDs, DVDs
- EPO President Visits Albania, Bulgaria
- WIPO: Kyrgyzstan Leader in IP in Central Asia