Macedonian Broadcasting Council Publishes Operators’ Program Packages to Protect Copyrights
In order to ensure more efficient protection of copyrights and neighboring rights, the Macedonian Broadcasting Council has recently published on its website program packages for which the public communication network operators in Macedonia have regulated the copyrights and which they are permitted to transmit.
The Council emphasized in its statement that the operators must not add or remove programs without prior consent from the Council. The Council reserves the right to remove programs from the packages due to the expiration of retransmission rights, cancellation of the retransmission agreement, and other legally justified reasons.
The Council noted that it would intensify the monitoring of the programs operators offer, with the help from the State Market Inspectorate, the Coordinating Body for Intellectual Property, the Culture Ministry, the Interior Ministry, and the Public Prosecution Office.
The operators’ program packages, in Macedonian, can be found here.
If you need any assistance, please contact Aleksandra Noveska at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian Broadcasting Council
August 2010 News
- Kosovo Law on Customs Measures to be Implemented
- Bosnia Adopts Two Copyright Draft Laws
- Serbia to join EPO on October 1
- European Court of Justice Rejects Anheuser-Busch's Bid to Register Budweiser as Its Trademark in EU
- Facebook Captures Montenegro’s Facebook.me from Cybersquatter
- Forbes Finally Gets Forbes.ru in Russia
- Czech Arbitration Court Rules Against Serbian Underwear Producer in Domain Name Dispute
- Russian Publisher Fined USD 250M in Copyright Case
- Georgian Wines Get GI Status in EU
- Serbian Public Broadcaster to Pay EUR 1.3M to Copyright Protection Organization
- EU Issues Annual Report on Customs IPR Enforcement
- Macedonian Customs Detain Armani, Prada, Gucci Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Hello Kitty, Levi’s, Fred Perry Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Goods, Infringers Face Imprisonment
- Romanian Customs Seize Chanel, Prada, Puma, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Adidas Counterfeits
- Macedonian Broadcasting Council Publishes Operators’ Program Packages to Protect Copyrights
- Moldovan IPO Updates IP Services List
- Serbia Adopts New Trade Law