Macedonia IPO Changes Official Fees
On January 15, 2010, the Official Gazette No. 6 of the Republic of Macedonia, announced amendments to official fees paid to the Macedonian State Office of Industrial Property.
The changes are applicable as of January 23, 2010.
The fee for filing applications for collective or certification trademarks is still EUR 53 (USD 72), but there is no longer a fee for each additional class in excess of 3 classes.
All official fees for patent annuities up to the 10th year remain the same. The fees for annuities from 11th through 20th year, which had a flat fee of EUR 53 (USD 72), increased as follows:
- 11th annuity – EUR 65 (USD 89)
- 12th annuity – EUR 82 (USD 112)
- 13th annuity – EUR 100 (USD 137)
- 14th annuity – EUR 114 (USD 156)
- 15th annuity – EUR 130 (USD 177)
- 16th annuity – EUR 147 (USD 201)
- 17th annuity – EUR 163 (USD 223)
- 18th annuity – EUR 180 (USD 246)
- 19th annuity – EUR 195 (USD 266)
- 20th annuity – EUR 212 (USD 289)
The yearly fees for maintaining the Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) for medical or plant protection products increased on average by EUR 165 (USD 225).
In case an applicant fails to file an office action within the due date, they can file a request for prolongation of the procedure within two months of the due date. A fee in the amount of EUR 50 (USD 68) has been introduced for such request.
Should an applicant miss all extensions of time and there is a justified reason beyond their control, the fee for restitutio in integrum, (Art. 122 European Patent Convention, and Rule no. 9 from the Singapore Treaty on the Law on Trademarks) remains the same — EUR 17 (USD 23).
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Noveska in our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian IPO
February 2010 News
- Macedonia IPO Changes Official Fees
- Russian Antitrust Commission Bans Chocolates Similar to Ferrero Rocher
- Russian Cyrillic Domain Passes ICANN String Evaluation
- New Trademark Law Enters into Force in Slovakia
- Slovenian Government Appoints New PTO Director
- Mediation Mandatory in Romania as of March 3, 2010
- New Regulation Regarding Registration and Use of Montenegro Domain
- Montenegro Begins to Issue Certificates of Registration for Trademarks
- Serbian IPO Opens Center for IP Information and Education
- Montenegrin IPO Launches the First IP Gazette
- Bulgaria with Highest Piracy Rates in the EU
- Twenty-Five Percent of Russian Software Outlets Sell Counterfeit Microsoft Programs
- Ten Percent of Car Parts in Romania Counterfeit
- Kyrgyzstan Patent Applications for Inventions Increase in 2009
- Bulgarian Snack Food Company Fined Over Misleading TV Commercial
- Macedonian Media Demand End to Unauthorized Republishing of News
- Bulgarian Police Seize Illegal Computer Software From a Design Company
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Footwear, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 160,000 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
- Latvia’s PTO Establishes Free Trademark Database
- Macedonia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Lithuanian Inventor Patents a Physiotherapeutic Table
- Bosnia Delegation Visits Croatian IPO as Part of USAID Project