Romanian Customs Seize EUR 160,000 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
The Romanian Customs officials at the port of Constanta, on the western coast of the Black Sea, have recently seized goods suspected of being counterfeit worth approximately EUR 158,969 (USD 219,096).
The confiscated goods included 78,082 glass containers inscribed with the Dolce Gabbana, Clinique, Gucci, Nina Ricci, Dior, Acqua, Versace, Coco Chanel and Allure marks. The containers, used for storing fake cosmetics, originated in China and were intended for a company located in Poland.
In an activity report published on its website, the Romanian Customs announced that in 2009 the customs officials confiscated 60,959,923 counterfeit items, worth approximately EUR 80,500,000 (USD 112,000,000).
For more information, please contact Roxana Sarghi in our Romania office.
Source: Romanian Customs
February 2010 News
- Macedonia IPO Changes Official Fees
- Russian Antitrust Commission Bans Chocolates Similar to Ferrero Rocher
- Russian Cyrillic Domain Passes ICANN String Evaluation
- New Trademark Law Enters into Force in Slovakia
- Slovenian Government Appoints New PTO Director
- Mediation Mandatory in Romania as of March 3, 2010
- New Regulation Regarding Registration and Use of Montenegro Domain
- Montenegro Begins to Issue Certificates of Registration for Trademarks
- Serbian IPO Opens Center for IP Information and Education
- Montenegrin IPO Launches the First IP Gazette
- Bulgaria with Highest Piracy Rates in the EU
- Twenty-Five Percent of Russian Software Outlets Sell Counterfeit Microsoft Programs
- Ten Percent of Car Parts in Romania Counterfeit
- Kyrgyzstan Patent Applications for Inventions Increase in 2009
- Bulgarian Snack Food Company Fined Over Misleading TV Commercial
- Macedonian Media Demand End to Unauthorized Republishing of News
- Bulgarian Police Seize Illegal Computer Software From a Design Company
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Footwear, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 160,000 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
- Latvia’s PTO Establishes Free Trademark Database
- Macedonia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Lithuanian Inventor Patents a Physiotherapeutic Table
- Bosnia Delegation Visits Croatian IPO as Part of USAID Project