PETOŠEVIĆ Bulgaria Hosts INTA Roundtable on New EU Customs Regulation
International Trademark Association (INTA) roundtable entitled “Enforcement of Regulation (EU) No 608/2013 — Step In the Right Direction and Some Improvements For Brand Owners” was hosted by PETOŠEVIĆ Bulgaria office in Sofia, Bulgaria on November 12, 2015.
The moderator of the roundtable was PETOŠEVIĆ Bulgaria Director Valeri Penev. For this event PETOŠEVIĆ invited expert speakers to lecture to about 30 attendees, mostly experienced practitioners from the local IP community, customs officials, judges and PTO examiners, on the most recent developments and issues concerning the implementation of the Regulation (EU) No. 608/2013.
The guest speakers included Bulgarian Customs representatives Ljubka Tzvetkova and Georgi Georgiev; law firm Turcu, Tadjer & Turcu representatives and lawyers Plamena Popova and Hristo Georgiev, as well as PETOŠEVIĆ Slovenia Senior Associate and INTA Anti-Counterfeiting Committee member Andrej Bukovnik.
The speakers from the Bulgarian Customs discussed how the simplified and small consignments procedures are implemented, shared information on the available online tools, such as the centralized automated customs database — COPIS, and presented statistics on several recent joint, international customs operations involving seizures of large amounts of counterfeit goods.
Turcu, Tadjer & Turcu and PETOŠEVIĆ representatives discussed the implementation of the regulation from an international perspective and provided comparative data from different jurisdictions.
The attendees found the roundtable topics very useful and interesting and actively participated in discussions.
You can see the photos from the roundtable in our gallery.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
November 2015 News
- Montenegro: Patent Revalidation Deadline of February 6, 2016 Approaching
- Russia: New Administrative Rules for Well-Known Trademarks
- Russia Amends Unfair Competition Law
- Poland, Serbia Join DesignView
- Ukrainian Authorities Discover Fake Clothes Workshops
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Brake System Components, Software, Toys
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2M Worth of Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Perfumes
- Counterfeit Sportswear Destroyed in Montenegro