Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Website
Ukraine’s cyber police unit recently blocked www.tovideo.net, a website which broadcasted pirated content.
At the request of the Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association (UAPA), police officials investigated the website and discovered that it was broadcasting unauthorized audio and video material for two years, causing significant losses to the rights holders.
The police officials seized all computer and server equipment that supported the website and initiated criminal proceedings against the infringers.
This shut down comes shortly after the launch of a website listing copyright infringing portals in Ukraine.
Prepared by: Yulia Kropivka
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ukrainian cyber police website
November 2017 News
- Moldova Joins TMclass
- Romania Introduces Maintenance Fee for .ro Domains
- Ukraine to Establish IP Court Soon
- Hungarian Authorities Seize over EUR 500,000 Worth of Fake Drugs
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Website
- 75% of Suspected Fake E-Shops Re-Use Popular Domain Names, Reports EUIPO