Website Listing Infringing Online Resources Launched in Ukraine
In July 2017, the Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association (UAPA) and the Clean Sky initiative, started in 2013 by the four largest media groups in Ukraine – 1 + 1 Media, StarLightMedia, Media Group Ukraine and Inter Media Group, have launched a website, blacklists.org.ua, which lists copyright infringing portals.
Advertising is a major source of funding for digital piracy, so the goal is to provide the digital advertising sector with an up-to-date list of infringing websites and therefore help prevent ad support for such portals.
The website currently lists nearly 450 infringing portals, and will be regularly updated as more such portals are discovered.
The launch of blacklists.org.ua comes shortly after the Law on State Support of Cinematography, expected to improve online copyright protection, came into force (April 26, 2017).
Prepared by: Yulia Kropivka
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Detektor Media news website
September 2017 News
- Bulgaria Adopts New Ordinance on Industrial Property Representatives
- Bulgaria Drafts Amendments to GI Legislation
- Lithuania and Estonia Ratify UPC Agreement, Slovenia Signs Protocol on Privileges and Immunities
- Kyrgyz PTO Introduces E-Filing Service
- EUIPO and OECD Identify Albania and Ukraine as Key Transit Points for EU-Bound Counterfeits
- Website Listing Infringing Online Resources Launched in Ukraine
- Hungarian Officials Seize EUR 135,000 Worth of Fake Toys
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Labels, Apparel
- Fake Sneakers and Sweatpants Destroyed in Serbia