Ukraine to Establish IP Court Soon
The decree on the establishment of the High Intellectual Property Court (IP Court) in Ukraine entered into force on October 4, 2017.
The IP Court comprising 21 judges will be located in the capital of Kyiv. It will have jurisdiction over IP-related disputes and act as a court of first instance and a court of appeal.
The recruitment of judges will start on December 1, 2017. The court is expected to open its doors once all vacancies are filled.
The IP Court is expected to make the Ukrainian IP system more efficient and IP-related litigation more predictable.
Prepared by: Yulia Kropivka and Yuriy Karlash
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: theworldnews.net international news portal, Ukrainian President’s website, High Qualification Commission of Judges of Ukraine, Ukrainian Parliament
November 2017 News
- Moldova Joins TMclass
- Romania Introduces Maintenance Fee for .ro Domains
- Ukraine to Establish IP Court Soon
- Hungarian Authorities Seize over EUR 500,000 Worth of Fake Drugs
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Website
- 75% of Suspected Fake E-Shops Re-Use Popular Domain Names, Reports EUIPO