Update on Kosovo PoA Situation
Further to our recent announcement, please note that an original Power of Attorney (PoA) form or a notarized copy of the original is now needed only when filing a new patent, trademark or industrial design application.
For renewals, by the agent of record, as well as for responses to office actions and payments of registration fees, copies of PoA forms in the PTO’s records will suffice.
To record an assignment and name and/or address change, as always, an original PoA in the name of the assignee or showing the new name/address of the holder is needed.
The Kosovo PTO is asking for PoAs simply signed and sealed, but generally Kosovo notaries public will only certify copies of originals notarized in the country of origin. Therefore, to avoid sending a new PoA for every filing from the same applicant, we recommend that each PoA sent be notarized.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
July 2016 News
- Montenegro Amends Laws on Trademarks, Designs, Semiconductor Topographies
- New Trademark Law Enters into Force in Belarus
- New Copyright Law to Enter into Force in Albania
- CJEU: Operators of Physical Marketplaces May be Forced to Stop Trademark Infringements of Market Traders
- Romanian Court Orders Withdrawal of AQUA CARPATICA Bottles from the Romanian Market
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Clothing, Footwear
- Update on Kosovo PoA Situation
- Ukraine Simplifies Registration of Medicines
- Ukrainian Antimonopoly Committee Calls for Prescribing Free and Discounted Medicines by Generic Names
- Albania and Georgia Join TMview and DesignView