Lithuania PTO, EPO Agree to Simplify Patent Prosecution for Lithuanian Inventors
The European Patent Office (EPO) and Lithuania’s State Patent Bureau (SPB) have recently signed an agreement to simplify the patent granting procedure for Lithuanian inventors seeking to protect their inventions in Europe.
According to the agreement, the EPO will conduct searches on behalf of the SPB to check the patentability of inventions claimed in national patent applications.
The EPO will offer search services at a reduced cost to Lithuanian applicants.
Lithuanian companies, especially small and medium enterprises, as well as academic institutions, are expected to enjoy the most benefits from the agreement.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 2013 News
- EPO Launches Russian-English Translations, Russia PTO to Use CPC System
- Lithuania PTO, EPO Agree to Simplify Patent Prosecution for Lithuanian Inventors
- Ukraine PTO to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT
- Global Innovation Index 2013: Croatia Climbs Five Places
- Bulgarian PTO to Launch Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- AmCham Macedonia Launches Anti-Counterfeiting Campaign
- Slovakia: Draft Amendments to Customs Legislation Foresee Donation of Seized Counterfeits without Trademark Owner’s Consent
- Czech Customs Seize 200,000 Anti-Impotence Pills
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Children’s Clothes