AmCham Macedonia Launches Anti-Counterfeiting Campaign
On October 5, the American Chamber of Commerce in Macedonia, in cooperation with the Macedonian PTO and the United States Embassy in Macedonia, launched a campaign under the slogan “Stay healthy, use originals” in order to raise awareness about health risks associated with using counterfeit products.
The campaign was launched at a shopping mall in the capital city of Skopje. Counterfeit products such as perfumes, sunglasses, body creams and shampoo were displayed in front of the mall entrance where passers-by gathered to find out how to identify counterfeit items and whom to contact to report suspected counterfeits.
Similar public awareness events will be organized in several other towns in Macedonia.
Prepared by: Olja Graorkovska
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Macedonian news portal Telegraf
October 2013 News
- EPO Launches Russian-English Translations, Russia PTO to Use CPC System
- Lithuania PTO, EPO Agree to Simplify Patent Prosecution for Lithuanian Inventors
- Ukraine PTO to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT
- Global Innovation Index 2013: Croatia Climbs Five Places
- Bulgarian PTO to Launch Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- AmCham Macedonia Launches Anti-Counterfeiting Campaign
- Slovakia: Draft Amendments to Customs Legislation Foresee Donation of Seized Counterfeits without Trademark Owner’s Consent
- Czech Customs Seize 200,000 Anti-Impotence Pills
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Children’s Clothes